K1 Fiance Visa

Who do we serve?

Portland Immigration Law LLC serves clients around the world. The office is located in the Portland area but immigration lawyer Cole Enabnit is available to consult over phone or Skype. Feel free to call for more information or to set up a consultation: 503-395-8393.

What Is the K1 Fiance Visa?

The K1 fiance visa (also known as the K1 fiancé(e) visa) is a type of visa a U.S. citizen can use to allow a foreign fiance to travel to the United States and get married within 90 days. If you are a U.S. citizen engaged to a foreign national, it is very likely the K1 fiance visa is the fastest way for you to bring your fiance to the U.S.

Do I need a fiance visa lawyer?

Some people go through the K1 visa process without the help of a lawyer. Most people who hire a good immigration lawyer are happy they made that decision. Whether you hire an immigration lawyer for your fiance visa case is a personal decision. Do a consultation with a fiance visa lawyer who can explain the process and assess your situation, then make an informed choice. Call Cole Enabnit at 503-395-8393 for a consultation with an experienced K1 fiance visa lawyer.

What are the K1 fiance visa requirements?

To file a K1 fiance visa petition you must be a U.S. citizen. In most cases, you need to have met your fiance, in person, sometime in the last two years. If either you or your fiance were previously married, you will need proof that those previous marriages were legally terminated. You must be able to prove you have sufficient income or assets to provide for your fiance after marriage. Finally, to navigate the k1 fiance visa process successfully, you will need to prove comprehensively that your relationship with your fiance is valid and that you both intend to marry.

For more information about the K1 visa and the K1 visa process, check out this post: